|Full name||Tom ellis|
|Date of birth|
November 17, 1978
|Place of birth||Cardiff, Wales, UK|
About Tom Ellis
Thomas John Ellis famous for Tom ellis is a well-known Welsh actor who is famous for being cast in the lead role of Lucifer Morningstar in the American fantasy crime drama television series “Lucifer” (2016). On the show, he stars alongside the likes of Lauren German, Kevin Alejandro, DB Woodside, Lesley-Ann Brandt, Scarlett Estevez, Rachael Harris, Kevin Rankin, Tricia Helfer, Aimee Garcia, Tom Welling, and Inbar Lavi. In addition, he has also appeared in television shows and movies such as The Life and Adventures of Nicholas Nickleby, Buffalo Soldiers, Nice Guy Eddie, Gordon Ramsay: Cookalong Live, I’ll Be There, Messiah III: The Promise, Much Ado About Nothing. , Waking the Dead, The Catherine Tate Show, Doctor Who, Trial & Retribution, I Love My Country, Monday, Monday, Harley Street, The Fades, The Secret of Crickley Hall, The Late Late Show with James Corden, Agatha Christie’s Poirot , Once Upon a Time, The Strain, Rush, Family Guy, Queen America, Last Call with Carson Daly, BuzzFeed Celeb and Isn’t It Romantic. In addition to the actor, he is also a singer and has performed various songs, such as Creep, I Will Survive, All Along The Watchtower, Mess Around, Knockin ‘on Heaven’s Door, Heart and Soul, and Summer Holiday, on various shows such as Lucifer and Miranda. He also used to play the horn in the Sheffield City Youth Orchestra. He also made his first film appearance playing the role of a police officer in the 2001 action-comedy film “High Heels and Low Lifes.” The film’s main cast included Minnie Driver, Mary McCormack. , Kevin McNally, Michael Gambon and Darren Boyd. He made his first television show appearance as Ben in an episode, titled “Kate’s Niece”, of the comedy-drama series, “Kiss Me Kate” in December 2000. He made his television show debut lending his voice to the Oscar Wilde’s character. in an episode, titled “V is for Mystery”, of the animated comedy, “Family Guy”, in March 2018 as a voice actor. He has more than 7.1 million followers on his Instagram under the account name @officialtomellis. Tom Ellis was born on November 17, 1978 with the birth name / real name of Thomas John Ellis. His birthplace is in Cardiff, Wales, UK. His nationality is Welsh-Englis and he is of mixed ethnicity. His race is white and his zodiac sign is Scorpio. His religion is Christianity. He was born to his parents; Christopher John Ellis (father) and Marilyn Jean (Hooper) (mother). He grew up with three brothers; sisters, Lucy, Annwen and Naomi. Lucy is her twin sister. As of 2019, he celebrated his 41st birthday. During his early years, Tom Ellis was genuinely interested in sports and also dreamed of having a career in sports. While growing up, he used to play musical instruments together with his sisters. Following acting as a career was something Tom Ellis hadn’t planned on and something that happened to him only when he joined a drama studies course and started liking the classes. Regarding his education, he studied at High Storrs School, a coeducational secondary school and sixth grade university located on the outskirts of Sheffield, England, UK. Later, he attended the Royal Conservatoire of Scotland (formerly known as the Royal Scottish Academy of Music and Drama [RSAMD]), a conservatory of dance, theater, music, production and film located in Glasgow, Scotland, and earned a BA in Dramatic Studies.
Source: @ magazine-zone
Tom Ellis’ acting career
- First of all, he appeared in the British television movie, “The Life and Adventures of Nicholas Nickleby” in 2001, which is his first film as an actor.
- His notable role came when he landed the role of Gary Preston on the British television sitcom “Miranda” from 2009 to 2015.
- After that, he starred in the ITV comedy-drama Monday Monday with Fay Ripley in July and August 2009.
- In addition, he was also cast as Detective Inspector Bland in “Agatha Christie’s Poirot.”
- After this, he did his role in the USA Network series “Rush”.
- He played Mark Etches in the British supernatural drama “The Fades” in 2011.
- He was cast as the Lucifer Morningstar on the Fox television drama “Lucifer” in February 2015.
- He was nominated for a Teen Choice Award for Breakout Star at the 2016 Teen Choice Awards for his role in Lucifer.
- Netflix renewed the show for a fourth season that launched on May 8, 2019.
- On June 23, 2020, it was announced that Netflix renewed the show for a sixth and final season.
- He also reprized the role of Lucifer during The CW’s episode “The Flash” of the Arrowverse crossover “Crisis on Infinite Earths.”
- In addition to this, he had appeared in Dappers, Merlin, Accused, The Fades, Sugartown, Gates, The Secret of Crickley Hall, Walking Stories, Once Upon a Time, The Strain and has also appeared in minor roles in various television series and movies. , including High Heels and Low Lifes, Buffalo Soldiers, Nice Guy Eddie, Pollyanna, I’ll Be There, Messiah III: The Promise, Vera Drake, Midsomer Murders, Waking the Dead, No Angels, EastEnders, The Catherine Tate Show, Suburban Shootout, Doctor Who, The Catherine Tate Christmas Chow, Trial & Retribution, Miss Conception, Harley Street, The Passion and Monday Monday.
Tom Ellis IS MARRIED to Meaghan Oppenheimer
Tom Ellis is a married man. He married television producer Meaghan Oppenheimer on June 1, 2019. Tom Ellis began dating American television and film scriptwriter Meaghan Oppenheimer in 2015. She can be seen in several of Ellis’s Instagram posts already. They are often seen spending time together. After being together for a couple of years, Ellis proposed to him and they got engaged in 2019. As of now, the duo are enjoying their present life happily undisturbed. His sexual orientation is heterosexual.
Speaking of Tom Ellis’s past relationship, he was in a relationship with Estelle Morgan. He became a father for the first time in May 2005 when his daughter, Nora Ellis, was born. After that, in 2005, he began dating English actress and storyteller Tamzin Outhwaite. Ellis proposed to Tamzin Outhwaite on her birthday in November 2005 and the couple married the following year. They were blessed with their first child (Tom Ellis’s second child), a daughter named Florence Elsie Ellis, on June 17, 2008. A few years later, on August 1, 2012, they welcomed their second child, a daughter named Marnie Mae. Ellis. However, their relationship eventually began to unravel and on August 29, 2013, a spokesperson for the duo stated that they had separated. The following month, it was reported that Tamzin Outhwaite had filed for divorce.
Tom Ellis has revealed that he is recovering from throat surgery. The 41-year-old actor took to Twitter to update fans on his health. “I had a little surgery on my throat yesterday.” Everything is fine, but apologies to anyone in Los Angeles who likes jelly as my wife seems to have bought EVERYTHING for my recovery diet, “Ellis wrote Thursday.
To this day, Tom Ellis lives in Los Angeles, California in the United States and Vancouver, British Columbia in Canada.
Tom Ellis Net Worth 2020
Tom Ellis is a highly successful actor who has appeared on the big screen. earns from his acting career. He has appeared in numerous television series, movies, and short films. Also, he is one of the highest paid actors on the Lucifer television series. He has derived most of his wealth from his acting career. Its main source of income comes from the entertainment industry. As of 2020, his net worth is estimated at $ 8 million. He has endorsed or promoted a couple of brands via social media such as Audi UK, Corvette and Canvas Warriors London.