Tom Arnold has been within the public eye for practically three many years, however there’s nonetheless a lot followers is perhaps shocked to study him. The actor, 61, opened up completely to Us Weekly about 25 stuff you won’t learn about him — together with his time on the set of True Lies, his particular dad abilities and a latest near-death expertise. Read on to be taught extra in regards to the “Two within the Bush” podcast host.
1. I as soon as boxed towards my rabbi and raised $300,000 for charity.
2. The greatest recommendation I’ve ever acquired was from [studio executive] Dawn Steel: “Tom, don’t be an asshole.”
3. [Director] James Cameron mentioned he knew I used to be employed after I mentioned, “I feel I can take him” about Arnold Schwarzenegger after studying a True Lies scene.
4. [Arnold’s] very powerful to at the present time, and we’re nonetheless besties. I’d should struggle soiled.
5. I typically should drive round in circles for 3 hours to get my children [Jax, 7, and Quinn, 4] to sleep.
6. I’ve been arrested seven occasions and served 20 days in jail.
7. I used to be arrested for being bare at an outdated of us’ residence.
8. For the final 16 years, I’ve supported [nonprofit organization] Camp del Corazon.
9. [My siblings and I] had been raised by a single father.
10. The second my son was born, I knew I needed to thank and apologize to my father.
11. While I used to be filming Nine Months, my divorce with Roseanne [Barr] was all around the information, so Hugh Grant invited me over for a quiet guys’ evening. [It was actually] a screening get together for a TV film about my divorce.
12. My nickname [when I worked at] a Hormel meatpacking plant was Gunner. It was my job to place an injured hog out of its distress.
13. I can carry a totally clothed sleeping child from my automotive, change their garments, change a diaper and placed on jammies with out turning on the lights.
14. I’ve designed my children’ bedrooms precisely as they needed, however most nights they nonetheless sleep in my mattress.
15. I haven’t [been on] a date since 2008.
16. People assume I transformed to Judaism due to Adam Sandler’s “The Hanukkah Song.” I used to be born and raised Jewish.
17. My assistant, Sasha [Boggs], lives with [us]. All of our buddies ask if we’re in a relationship. We be careful for my children and we now have a podcast.
18. Every yr, I give away two full-ride scholarships to Indian Hills Community College [in Ottumwa, Iowa].
19. I’ve been in 130 films. When my father died, [I learned] he had a replica of each single one in all them.
20. Once every week, my daughter, Quinn, and I’m going to the Polo Lounge for lunch after which [we do] no matter she needs.
21. Leonardo DiCaprio was at my marriage ceremony to Roseanne. He was Sara Gilbert’s date.
22. In February, I suffered huge organ failure. I used to be on life assist for 11 days. I walked out of [the hospital] 14 days later. The sensible [doctors and nurses] saved my life.
23. I wouldn’t do Celebrity Apprentice with Donald Trump. [I was] supplied $325,000. It was very laborious to say no.
24. The Secret Service got here to my home as a result of I [once] tweeted I’d wrestle Trump.
25. I’m 100 % positive I may pin him.
New episodes of Arnold’s podcast, “Two within the Bush,” air on Mondays.
Listen to Watch With Us to listen to extra about your favourite reveals and for the most recent TV information!