Thousands of drivers have been caught dashing within the North East this 12 months – and these are the places where the most motorists have been snared.
A Freedom of Information request to Northumbria Police reveals that the most dashing offences recorded thus far this 12 months have been on the A19 Testo’s roundabout northbound. An enormous 10,653 incidents have been clocked at this location.
And the southbound stretch across the Testos roundabout, in South Tyneside, got here in at quantity three on the record, with 3,105 offences.
Testos is without doubt one of the area’s busiest junctions and Highways England is presently carrying out a multi-million pound challenge there to assist ease congestion and reduce journey occasions.
Average speed cameras are in operation within the space, with a 40mph restrict imposed whereas work is ongoing.
Meanwhile, cameras on the A1 Western Bypass in Gateshead have continued to catch out motorists, with greater than 5,400 offences racked up altogether on two stretches of the street.
Northumbria Police is now reminding drivers that speed cameras have been put in place to avoid wasting lives and is urging drivers to stay to the bounds.
A spokesperson for the drive stated: “We are dedicated to creating our roads as secure as attainable for all customers.
“Speed limits are in place for a motive and speed cameras are simply one of many many deterrents we use to make sure motorists will not be driving above the restrict.
“The presence of a speed digital camera, whether or not that could be a cellular van or a stationary digital camera, deters dashing and helps enhance street security throughout our drive space.
“Statistics show that drivers travelling at extra speed is without doubt one of the main contributory elements in severe and deadly street site visitors collisions and we’ll proceed to actively implement speed limits throughout our drive space when it’s acceptable to take action.”
Here are the highest 10 places where the most drivers have been caught
1. A19 Testos northbound – 10,653 offences
2. A1 Western Bypass Gateshead/Birtley from southern 50mph restrict change To Smithy Lane Overbridge – 3,509 offences
3. A19 Testos southbound – 3,105 offences
4. A1 Western Bypass Gateshead/Metrocentre north Of Hollinside Road Overbridge – 1,917 offences
5. A167 Ponteland Road between A191 Etal Lane roundabout & Springfield roundabout – 1,895 offences
6. A167 Stamfordham Road between A1 And Silver Lonnen Junctions, Newcastle – 1,586 offences
7. Kier Hardy Way, Southwick – 1,490 offences
8. A690 south of Houghton Cut – 1,467 offences
9. A184 Felling Bypass from Heworth to Whitemare Pool – 1,396 offences
10. Leam Lane/A195 – 1,015 offences