Tony Goldwyn (Scandal) and Daniel Dae Kim (Hawaii Five-0, Lost) are coming into The Hot Zone: The actors will headline the National Geographic anthology’s second season, which chronicles the anthrax assaults of 2001.
The Hot Zone: Anthrax takes place simply weeks after 9/11, when “the United States was rocked by one other lethal act of terrorism,” per the official synopsis. “Letters containing anthrax have been despatched to unsuspecting victims in Florida, Washington, D.C., and New York. The nameless assault claimed 5 lives and prompted panic all through the U.S. Despite interagency turf wars and plenty of false leads, an unlikely workforce of scientists, FBI brokers and authorities departments slowly closed in on a stunning prime suspect.”
Goldwyn will play Bruce Ivins, “a superb microbiologist who turns into embroiled in the hunt to seek out the 2001 anthrax killer.” Kim, in the meantime, will painting Matthew Ryker, “an FBI agent with a specialty in microbiology, who, simply three weeks after the 9/11 assaults, dangers his profession to persuade his superiors of the unthinkable, that the United States is underneath assault once more.”
Ready for extra of at this time’s newsy nuggets? Well…
* The twenty seventh Annual Screen Actors Guild Awards have shifted to Sunday, April 4 (at 9 pm ET/6 pm PT on TNT and TBS) to keep away from airing the identical night time because the rescheduled Grammy Awards on Sunday, March 14.
* PaleyFest LA 2021 — streaming starting Tuesday, March 23 for Paley Members and Citi cardmembers, and Monday, March 29 at 8 pm ET/5 pm PT for most people — will embody a Six Feet Under twentieth anniversary dialog with the cast and creator Alan Ball. Additional panels embody ABC’s Big Sky and CBS’The Late Late Show With James Corden, with extra to be introduced.
* This 12 months’s Kennedy Center Honors, airing Sunday, June 6 on CBS, can pay tribute to Debbie Allen, Joan Baez, Garth Brooks, Midori and Dick Van Dyke.
* Starz’s Black Mafia Family has cast Demetrius “Lil Meech” Flenory Jr. as his personal father, Demetrius “Big Meech” Flenory, in the upcoming collection concerning the Flenory brothers, who gave start to one of the influential crime households in this nation. Additionally, Da’Vinchi will play Demetrius’ brother, Terry “Southwest T” Flenory, whereas Wood Harris (brother of fellow cast member Steve Harris) will recur as Pat, “the revered O.G. who offers Meech and Terry their first shot in the sport.”
* ABC has given a pilot order to Acts of Crime, written and directed by Sam Esmail (Mr. Robot). The undertaking is described as “a novel spin on the crime procedural.”
(*2*)Which of at this time’s TVLine Items pique your curiosity?