|Full name||John saxon|
|Date of birth|
August 5, 1936
|Place of birth||Brooklyn, New York|
About John Saxon
John saxon, born Orrico Carmine, was an American actor. Saxon is best known for his work on western and horror films. He often portrayed policemen and detectives in his films. In his 60-year career, he worked on more than 200 projects. Saxon died at the age of 83 on July 25, 2020.
Source: @ sahiwal.tv
Saxon was born on August 5, 1936. His birth name is Carmine Orrico. His place of birth is in Brooklyn, New York in the United States. He had an American nationality. He was born to a father, Antonio Orrico, and a mother, Anna Protettore. His parents were Italians who emigrated to the United States. His zodiac sign is Leo. His religion was Christian. He belonged to the white ethnic group and had Italian descent. Regarding his academic training, he attended New Utrecht High School. He graduated from high school in 1953. After his graduation from high school, he studied acting with the famous acting coach Stella Adler.
The Saxons were at a height of 1.79 m, that is, 5 feet 10 inches tall. He had a body weight of 165 pounds, that is, 75 kg. Her eye color was dark brown and her hair color turned grayish white with age. Her sexual orientation was heterosexual.
Timeline of John Saxon’s career
- John Saxon began his acting career in an uncredited minor role in two films in 1954.
- He began his career as a hired actor for Universal Pictures. He made his film debut with the 1955 film Running Wild. He soon established himself as a teenage idol after starring in several films, including Rock, Pretty Baby in 1956, and Portrait in Black in 1961. He reprized his role as Rock, Pretty Baby in Summer Love in 1958.
- His popular films during the 1960s were The Appaloosa (1966), Death of a Gunfighter (1969).
- In the 1960s, he appeared in several European films such as Agostino (1962), The Girl Who Knew Too Much (1963), La caverna (1964) and Night Caller from Outer Space (1965), among others.
- Saxon later established himself as a character actor and frequently played law enforcement officers in movies during the 1970s and 1980s.
- His popular films during this period were Joe Kidd (1972), Enter the Dragon (1973), Black Christmas (1974), Raid on Entebbe (1977), Tenebrae (1982), A Nightmare on Elm Street (1984).
- He appeared in numerous independent films in the 1990s and 2000s.
- On television, he appeared in numerous television series and television movies, most significantly for his recurring roles on Gunsmoke, Fantasy Island, Dynasty, and Falcon Crest, among others.
- In short, he worked on more than 200 projects in his career.
John Saxon Awards and Nominations
Golden Globe Awards
- 1958 New Star of the Year – Actor: This Happy Feeling (won)
- 1967 Best Supporting Actor – Movie: The Appaloosa (nominated)
International Action On Film Film Festival
- 2006 Best Supporting Actor: The Craving Heart (won)
Beverly Hills Shorts Festival
- 2009 Best Actor: Old Dogs (won)
FAIF International Film Festival
- 2006 Judge Choice Award for Best Supporting Actor: The Craving Heart (nominated)
Method Fest Independent Film Festival
- 2008 Best Supporting Actor: God’s Ears (nominated)
New Media Film Festival
- 2010 Best Picture: Ears of God (won)
- 2010 Grand Prize Festival Award: Ears of God (won)
Western Heritage Awards
- 1967 Bronze Wrangler: The Appaloosa (won)
Who did John Saxon marry?
John Saxon was married three times. He first married Mary Ann Saxon in 1967. He has a son named Antonio with Mary Ann, who is his only daughter. The couple divorced in 1979. He then married Elizabeth Saxon in 1987. The couple divorced in 1992. He then married Gloria Martel in 2008. The couple were together until Martel’s death in 2020.
How did John Saxon die?
John Saxon died at age 83 on July 25, 2020, in Murfreesboro, Tennesse. He passed away from pneumonia shortly before his 84th birthday. His remains were cremated and buried for his family.
What is John Saxon’s net worth?
John Saxon earned from his acting career in the entertainment industry. He worked primarily on projects in the American West and worked on more than 200 movies and television shows in his career. He accumulated his fortune thanks to his acting career. His net worth was estimated at $ 1.5 million.