Father Stu is undoubtedly one of the most anticipated films of 2022 after Morbius, Vengeance, The Fabelmans, Cheaper By The Dozen, etc. It is a biographical film directed and written by Rosalind Ross. The film follows an amateur boxer suffering from inclusion body myositis who wants to be an actor but turned into a priest even not being a Catholic. It stars Mark Wahlberg in the main cast who has also co-produced the movie along with Stephen Levinson and Jordan Foss. Jacki Weaver and Mel Gibson are also cast in the supporting roles with Wahlberg. Let’s find out more about the biographical film.
Is Father Stu based on a true story?
Yes, Father Stu is a true story based on the life of Father Stuart Long(1963-2014) who was an amateur boxer until he met a near-death motorcycle accident that ended her boxing career forever. After recovering from his injuries, he decided to dedicate his life to the welfare of others by becoming a Catholic priest.
Is Father Stu still alive?
Unfortunately, Stuart Long died at the age of 50 in the year 2014. The cause of death was a degenerative muscle disease named inclusion body myositis( or IBM), a rare and incurable autoimmune disease. Even though he is not between us today, his inspiring life will be shown on the big screen by Sony Pictures Releasing on 13 April 2022.
Father Stu Cast
- Mel Gibson as Bill Long
- Mark Wahlberg as Stuart Long
- Tenz McCall as Young Stu
- Alain Uy as Tim
- Ned Bellamy as Dr. Novack
- Niko Nicotera as Barfly
- Ronnie Gene Blevins as Bartender
- Larry Bagby as Bartender
- Michael Fairman as Randall
- Annie Lee as Dr. Wan
- Danielle K. Golden as Paramedic
- Carlos Leal as Father Garcia
- Jacki Weaver
- Winter Ave Zoli as Allison
- Annet Mahendru
- Faith Jefferies as Time Keeper
- Cody Fern as Priest
- Aaron Moten as Ham
- Skip Howland as Boxing Judge
- Molly Baker as Mrs. Ferris
- Chiquita Fuller as Waitress
- Teresa Ruiz
- Mariah Maison as Cute Big Sky Nurse
- Karman Graham as Waitress (as Grace Karman Graham)
- Penny L. Moore as Jenny
- Crystal Richards as Camille
- Lily Villegas as Church Girl
- Alonso Saravia as Seminarian (credit only)
- Jim Holmes as. Dr. Jost
- Lila Karp-Ziring as Medieval BG Girl
- Mathew Trent Hunnicutt as Bar Patron
- Betsy Moore Betsy Moore
- Jose J Santana as tattooed Prisoner
- Orion McCabe as Opponent #1 Cutman
- Pablo Ramos as Church Parishioner
- Tyler Burke as a 21-year-old Kid
- Marcello Padilla as Church Usher / Parishioner
- Vincent M. Biscione as Prison Guard
- Rudy Moreno as Customer
- Bo Cleary as Boxing Referee
- Jake Inman as The Rogue Seminarian
- Bruce Van Norman as an Altar boy
- Nicholas A. Goldreich as LAPD Officer
- Indie DesRoches as Church Boy
- Bryan Kreutz as Bar Patron
- Brandon A. Davis as AA member (as Brandon Davis)
- Mark Casimir Dyniewicz Jr. as Bar Fight Gawker
- James Hunter as Church Parishioner
- Johnny Mansbach as Boxing Attendee
Father Stu Synopsis
The film follows the life story of Helena Catholic Priest Fr. Father Stuart Long who finds his purpose in the most unexpected place. He ends up his amateur boxing career with an acting dream. To pursue his career in acting, he moves to Los Angeles dreaming of stardom. While scraping by a supermarket clerk, he met a Catholic Sunday School Teacher named Carmen who seems to be immune to his unlucky charm. In an attempt to impress her, Stuart starts going to Church daily and eventually joined the path of peace.
The Chosen Season 3 is also coming this year after the release of two holy seasons. It is quite popular among followers of Jesus Christ and you can also check it out if you love Jesus.