|Full name||Iago Aspas|
|Years||33 years old|
|Nick’s name||The Turk|
|Famous as||Soccer player|
|Date of birth|
August 1, 1987
|Place of birth||Moana|
About Iago Aspas
Iago Aspas is a Spanish professional footballer who plays as a forward for RC Celta de Vigo and the Spanish national team. At club level, he has even previously played for Celta, Liverpool and Sevilla. He has spent most of his career with Celta, playing 346 official matches in 11 seasons and scoring 152 goals. In 2012, he made his La Liga debut with the club and moved to Liverpool the following year, returning to Celta in 2015. Previously, he had spent his youth career with Moana, Celta and Rapido Bouzas. In 2016, he appeared for the first time with Spain’s senior team and represented the country in the “2018 World Cup”. Aspas has been a key player for Spain. He has played a total of 18 games for his country. Iago has also scored 6 goals for them.
- Be a Spanish professional soccer player.
- For winning La Liga Player of the Month.
Early life of Iago Aspas
Iago Aspas was born on August 1, 1987 in Moana, Spain. His birth name or full name is “Iago Aspas Juncal”. His nationality is Spanish while the ethnic group is Spanish-white. His zodiac sign is Leo and his race is white. Iago celebrates his birthday on August 1 of each year and had turned 33 as of 2019. He is the son of Urbe Aspas Martínez (father) and María Juncal González (mother). He has a brother named Jonathan Aspas who is also a professional soccer player.
Iago Aspas career
- Iago began his career by making his debut with the first team in the 2007-2008 season with the Second Division team, then he played his second game on June 6, 2009: interposed as a substitute in the 59th minute against Deportivo Alavés, he scored the two goals. His team’s goals in the 2-1 home win is critical as he finally escaped relegation.
- He was loaned out to neighbor Rapido de Bouzas when he was 17 years old, where he spent his penultimate year as a junior.
- He was definitely promoted from reserve for 2009-2010, going on to appear in several more campaigns in the second tier with the Galicians.
- In the 2011-2012 season, Iago scored 23 goals in the league, the best of his career, the second best in competition behind Leonardo Ulloa of UD Almería, when Celta returned to La Liga after a five-year absence. . As a result of his performances, he was elected the best striker and winner of the “Zarra Trophy” in the category.
- He made his debut in the top flight on 18 August 2012, beginning in a 1-0 home loss to Málaga CF and scoring his first goal in the competition the following month, contributing to the 2-0 victory over the CA Osasuna also in Balaidos.
- During the 1-3 loss to Deportivo de La Coruña in the Galician derby, Iago was sent off after half an hour for a Carlos Marchena header on March 15, 2013.
- In May 2013, it was widely rumored that a fee estimated at 7-9 million pounds had been agreed for him to join Liverpool, pending personal terms and a doctor.
- On June 13, both clubs agreed in principle to a deal to sign the player subject to the completion of the documentation, but this was delayed when his former agent asked the “Royal Spanish Football Federation” to deny the international clearance due to a dispute. about its representation; The deal was finally closed on June 23 and he was handed the jersey with the number 9 on it.
- On July 13, 2013, he made his Liverpool debut scoring his first goal and assisting Raheem Sterling in a 4-0 preseason friendly win against Preston North End.
- He made his Premier League debut on August 17, providing an assist for Daniel Sturridge in a 1-0 win over Stoke City at Anfield.
- On January 5, 2014, he scored his first competitive goal for the Reds, in a 2-0 win over Oldham Athletic in the FA Cup.
- Iago Aspas returned to his homeland, being loaned to Sevilla FC in a one-season signing and with a permanent three-year contract as a mandatory later option on July 14, 2014.
- He made his competitive debut on August 12 in the 2014 UEFA Super Cup at Cardiff City Stadium, replacing fellow rookie Aleix Vidal after 66 minutes of an eventual 2-0 loss to Real Madrid.
- Aspas appeared in the league for the first time on September 14, 2014, replacing Carlos Bacca in the final seven minutes of a 2-0 home win against Getafe CF.
- Iago’s first league goal for Sevilla came on February 1, 2015, the triumph in a 3-2 win over RCD Espanyol. At the beginning of the match, he had fired a shot that was handled by Kiko Casilla outside the penalty area, causing the goalkeeper to be sent off.
Return to Celta
- Sevilla signed Iago from Liverpool as part of the deal between the two clubs on June 12, 2015, then sold him directly to Celta the same day, with the player agreeing to a five-year contract six days later for a fee of 5 million. of euros. .
- He was La Liga Player of the Month in October 2016 after scoring five goals, including two doubles in a 4-1 win over Deportivo and a 3-3 draw with UD Las Palmas, plus one goal and an assist in a 4-3. victory over current champion Barcelona.
- On the last day of the campaign, he scored a penalty in the 2-2 home draw against Real Sociedad, reaching his personal best of 19 goals and winning the “Zarra Trophy” in the process.
- He scored hat-tricks in a 5-2 win at UD Las Palmas on October 16, 2017.
- In 2018-2019 he was absent with a calf injury for three months from the end of December, during which time Celta went from ninth to 18 in the table.
- On March 30, 2019, Iago scored two goals in a 3-2 victory over Villarreal upon his return, and on April 17 he signed a new contract until 2023, the year of the club’s centenary.
- In December 2012, Iago, along with Michu, was about to be called up by coach Vicente del Bosque to make his debut for the Spanish team on February 6, 2013, in an exhibition match with Uruguay in Doha, Qatar.
- On November 15, 2016, he finally won his first international match, under new coach Julen Lopetegui, replacing Juan Mata for the second half of the 2-2 friendly draw against England, being booked and scoring his team’s first goal. Their competitive debut occurred on March 24 of the following year.
- He was included in the 23-man squad for the final phase of the World Cup in Russia and made his debut in the competition on June 15, 2018, replacing Diego Costa.
- On July 1, 2018, again after taking Costa’s place, he was one of two Spanish players who failed his attempt in the round of 16 penalty shootout against Russia, a 3-4 loss in Moscow.
- On May 20, 2016, Iago also represented Galicia in the region’s first match in eight years, scoring in a 1-1 friendly draw with Venezuela.
Iago Aspas Awards and Achievements
- UEFA Europa League: 2014-2015
- Zarra Trophy: 2016-2017, 2017-2018,2018-2019
- Zarra Trophy (Second Division): 2011-2012
- Best forward (Second Division): 2011-2012
- La Liga Player of the Month: October 2016, November 2017, April 2019
- UEFA La Liga Team of the Season: 2017-2018, 2018-2019
Personal life of Iago Aspas
As for the personal life of Iago Aspas, he is a married man. He is married to his wife Jennifer Rueda in June 2009. The couple have been dating for a long time. Whereas, their relationship is also the best so far and he hopes it will continue in the future as well. They have two children named Thiago Aspas, one son, however another child’s name has yet to be shared. And speaking of his sexual orientation, he’s straight. Live a happy life with your family.
Source: @ diariodepontevedra.es
Iago Aspas Net Worth
Moving on towards Iago’s net worth, his net worth is around $ 6 million. And as of 2020, his net worth is in the millions of dollars. He signed with Sevilla and later sold Celta to a five-year contract for 5 million euros. When he was in Liverpool, his fee was estimated at 7-9 million pounds. Also, his main source of income comes from a football career. He also has a good amount of salary, which is around 1.6 million euros. You are satisfied with your earnings and enjoying it.
Body measurement by Iago Aspas
As for Iago’s body measurement, he has a slim, attractive body that has attracted many people. His body measurement is 40-30-16. He has a perfect height of 1.76m and a body weight of around 67kg. And speaking of his body builds his athleticism. His hair color is dark brown and his eyes are dark. He is maintaining his body to stay healthy, fit and well.