|Full name||Elisabeth moss|
|Nick’s name||Elisabeth moss|
|Date of birth|
July 24, 1982
|Place of birth||Los Angeles, California, USA|
About Elisabeth Moss
Elisabeth Singleton Moss, popularly known as Elisabeth moss is an American actress. She has appeared in numerous movies, television shows, and stage productions. She rose to fame after playing President Josiah Bartlet’s youngest daughter on the NBC political drama series The West Wing from 1999 to 2006. She is also known for her roles as Peggy Olson in the period drama series of AMC, Mad Men, Detective Robin Griffin in the BBC miniseries Top of the Lake, and for producing and starring in the web television series The Handmaid’s Tale. For her work, she has won multiple awards including 2 Golden Globe Awards, 2 Primetime Emmy Awards, 2 Satellite Awards, and 2 Screen Actors Guild Awards from numerous nominations.
Elisabeth Moss was born on July 24, 1982. Her birth name is Elisabeth Singleton Moss. Her place of birth is in Los Angeles, California in the United States. She was born to musician parents, Ron Moss (father) and Linda Moss (mother). she has a younger brother. She was raised as a Scientologist. Her father is English. Therefore, you have American and English nationality. She is of partly Swedish descent from her mother. Moss was interested in dancing from a young age and aimed to become a professional dancer. She took ballet classes at the School of American Ballet in New York City. She then moved to Washington DC to study dance at the Kennedy Center. She had already started landing acting roles. Therefore, she was homeschooled and graduated in 1999.
Elisabeth Moss stands at a height of 5 feet 3 inches. She has a body weight of 53 kg. She has an average body build. Her body measurements are 35-28-36 inches. Her eye color is blue while her hair color is dark brown. Her shoe size is 7 (US) and her dress size is 10 (US). Her sexual orientation is heterosexual.
During her youth, dancing always fascinated her. Consequently, she did learn ballet at the School of American Ballet in New York City.
Elisabeth Moss career timeline
- Elisabeth Moss made her screen debut as a child actress in the NBC miniseries Lucky / Chances in 1990.
- After starring in minor roles in other projects, she landed a recurring role on Cynthia Parks on the family drama series Picket Fences. She appeared on the series from 1992 to 1995.
- She then appeared in minor roles in various television series and television movies before landing her breakthrough role as Zoey Bartlet in the political drama series, The West Wing in 1999.
- She played the daughter of President Josiah Bartlet on the series from 1999 to 2006.
- She then appeared as a guest on several television series before landing one of the lead roles in the period drama series Mad Men.
- She appeared in the role of Peggy Olson on the series from 2007 to 2015.
- He starred in one of the lead roles of Robin Griffin in the BBC mystery drama miniseries Top of the Lake.
- She is also known for her work on the dystopian tragedy web television series The Handmaid’s Tale since 2017. She is also the producer of the series.
- She has provided guest voice roles on various animated television shows, including Frosty Returns (1992), Batman: The Animated Series (1993), Animaniacs (1993), Freakazoid! (1995), It’s Spring Training, Charlie Brown (1996) and The Simpsons (2013).
- She has appeared as a guest on television series, Anything but Love, Johnny Bago, The Practice, Law & Order: Trial by Jury, Invasion, Law & Order: Criminal Intent, Grey’s Anatomy, Medium, Ghost Whisperer, Fear Itself and Mercy, among others. .
- Appeared in TV movies, Bar Girls (1990), Prison Stories: Women on the Inside (1991), Midnight’s Child (1992), Gyspy (1993), Escape to Witch Mountain (1995), Naomi & Wynonna: Love Can Build a Bridge (1995), Earthly Possessions (1999) and Spirit (2001).
Elisabeth Moss film career
- Elisabeth Moss made her film debut as a child actress in the 1991 sci-fi comedy film Suburban Commando.
- He later appeared in the lead role, supporting role, or supporting role in various films.
- His films are Imaginary Crimes (1994), Separate Lives (1995), The Last Supper (1995), A Thousand Acres (1997), The Joyriders (1999), Mumford (1999), Anywhere but Here (1999), Girl Interrupted ( 1999), West of Here (2002), Heart of American (2002), Temptation (2003).
- He made and starred in the drama film Virgin in 2004. The film won several awards.
- His other films are The Missing (2003), Bittersweet Place (2005), The Attic (2007), Day Zero (2007), El Camino (2008), New Orleans Mon Amour (2008) and Did You Hear About the Morgan? (2009).
- From 2010 to 2019, he appeared in numerous films. Son A Buddy Story (2010), Get Him to the Greek (2010), Darling Companion (2012), On the Road (2012), Listen Up Philip (2014), The One I Love (2014), Meadowland (2015), Truth (2015), High-Rise (2015), The Free World (2016), Chuck (2016), Mad To Be Normal (2017), The Square (2017), The Seagull (2018), The Old Man & the Gun (2018), Light of My Life (2019), Us (2019) and The Kitchen (2019).
- He produced and starred in the 2015 film Queen of Earth and the 2018 film Her Smell.
- In 2020, he starred in the biographical drama film Shirley and the sci-fi horror film The Invisible Man.
- He had voice roles in films, Once Upon a Forest (1993) and Green Lantern: Emerald Knights (2011).
- Elisabeth Moss starring in films that have yet to be released include The French Dispatch and Next Goal Wins. French shipping will launch in 2020.
- He has also appeared in numerous short films.
Elisabeth Moss theater career
- She played Young Franny in the stage production of Franny’s Way at the Linda Gross Theater in 2002.
- Elisabeth Moss made her Broadway debut in October 2008. She played the role of Karen in David Mamet’s 20th anniversary revival of Speed-the-Plow.
- She made her West End debut in 2011. She played the role of Martha Dobie in Lillian Hellman’s play The Children’s Hour.
- She played Heidi Holland in Broadway productions of The Heidi Chronicles in 2015.
Elisabeth Moss Awards and Nominations
- Elisabeth Moss has won multiple awards from numerous nominations. They are:
- 2014 Golden Globe Award – Best Actress – Miniseries or TV Movie for Top of the Lake.
- Golden Globe Award 2018 – Best Actress – Television Drama Series for The Handmaid’s Tale. Nominated for the same in 2019.
- 2017 Primetime Emmy Awards – Outstanding Lead Actress in a Drama Series and Outstanding Drama Series for The Handmaid’s Tale. She was also nominated for multiple Emmy Awards for Mad Men and Top Of the Lake on multiple occasions.
- 2014 Satellite Awards – Best Actress – Miniseries or TV Movie for Top of the Lake: China Girl.
- Satellite Award 2018 – Best Actress – Dramatic TV Series for The Handmaid’s Tale.
- 2009 and 2010 Screen Actors Guild Awards – Best Performance by an Ensemble in a Drama for Mad Men. She was also nominated for the Screen Actors Guild Awards for Top of the Lake and The Handmaid’s Tale.
- 2013 Critics’ Choice Television Award – Best Actress in a Movie / Miniseries for Top of the Lake.
- 2018 Critics’ Choice Television Award – Best Actress in a Drama Series for The Handmaid’s Tale.
- He also received nominations for Tony Awards, ASTRA Awards, BAFTA Awards, Young Artist Awards, Independent Spirit Awards, Empire Awards, Drama League Awards, among others.
Who is Elisabeth Moss married to?
Elisabeth Moss has been married once. She was married to American actor and comedian Fred Armisen. The couple met in October 2008. They soon fell in love and exchanged vows on October 25, 2009. However, their marriage did not last long. They separated in June 2010 and Moss filed for divorce in September 2010. Their divorce ended in May 2011. He has no children.
After the fallout from her marriage, she dated Australian cinematographer Adam Arkapaw. Her relationship with Arkapaw didn’t work out so well. Later she began to maintain a private life. It is unclear if she is in a relationship or not. She was repeatedly linked romantically with Mission Impossible star Tom Cruise in 2020. She was also linked with actor Tom Hiddleston.
How much is Elisabeth Moss worth?
Elisabeth Moss benefits from her career in the entertainment industry. Her greatest income comes from her acting career. She has appeared in numerous movies and television shows. She has also appeared in Broadway productions. Their films have grossed millions and they make a huge fortune from their appearance on television series. Currently, her net worth is estimated at $ 20 million.