|Full name||Darren till|
|Years||27 years old|
|Nick’s name||The gorilla|
|Famous as||Martial artist|
|Date of birth|
December 24, 1992
|Place of birth||Liverpool, Merseyside|
About Darren Till; MMA fighter
Darren till is an English mixed martial artist and former Muay Thai kickboxer and currently competes in the middleweight division of the Ultimate Fighting Championship (UFC). On May 30, 2015, he made his Octagon debut. He even trains in Team Kaobon. Until he also competed in the welterweight division and was once challenged for the UFC Welterweight Championship. As of July 18, Darren is number 5 in the UFC middleweight rankings. He began training in Muay Thai at age 12 and turned professional at 15. He decided to train in MMA with Team Kaobon at age 17. Most recently, he faced Robert Whittaker on July 26 in which he lost to Robert.
- Being an English mixed martial artist and former Muay Thai kickboxer.
- For being a professional UFC fighter.
Source: @ stuff.co.nz
Darren Till’s early life
Darren Till was born on December 24, 1992 in Liverpool, England. His nation of birth is the United Kingdom, while nationality is British. He belongs to the British-white ethnic group. His race is white and his zodiac sign is Capricorn. He celebrates his birthday on December 24 of each year and had celebrated his 27th birthday in 2019. As a UFC fighter, Darren has not given details about his parents, however, his sister’s name is Caitlin.
Darren Till career
- Until he started his UFC career starting to train in Muay Thai at the age of 12 and turned pro at the age of 15 and made the decision to train in MMA with Team Kaobon at the age of 17.
- He was involved in a fight at a party in August 2012 and was stabbed twice in the back, after facing a huge group of men. It was a near-death experience when the knife cut deeply into his body, losing his primary artery by a millimeter.
- After the incident, his then-coach ” Colin Heron ” advised him to go to Brazil to train with Kaobon’s former coach, Luta Livre, Marcelo Brigadeiro, as living in Liverpool caused too much distraction in his life.
- He moved to Brazil to pursue his career in MMA and teach Muay Thai.
- Darren spent much of his previous MMA career in Santa Catarina, Brazil, where he was part of the “Astra Fight Team.”
- He compiled a 3-0 amateur record before turning pro, with a total of 11 fights in Brazil and one fight in Argentina. Before joining the UFC, Darren fought eight times in 2013 alone and his record was 12-0 with seven wins by KO / TKO.
- On May 30, 2015, he faced Brazilian Wendell de Oliveira Marques in his UFC debut nine days early at UFC Fight Night 67. He knocked out Oliveira and secured his first UFC victory.
- Darren faced Nicolas Dalby on October 24, 2015 at UFC Fight Night 76. After a back and forth fight, the fight was scored with a majority draw and both participants received the “Fight of the Night bonus.”
- After a major shoulder injury and various personal issues that kept him out of action for an extended period, he returned to face Jessin Ayari on May 28, 2017 at UFC Fight Night 109.
- Darren Till missed the untitled welterweight limit of 171 pounds for 5 pounds and had to give 20 percent of his fighting earnings to his opponent. He explained that he had lost weight during his long break from competition and that his body had not responded as well to the weight loss process as it had in the past.
- On August 1, 2017, Darren Till announced that he had signed a new five-fight contract with the UFC.
- On October 21, 2017 at UFC Fight Night 118, he fought Donald Cerrone and won the match. This dominating victory earned him the “Performance of the Night” bonus award.
- He faced former UFC welterweight title challenger Stephen Thompson at UFC Fight Night 130 on May 27, 2018, where he won the fight. At the weigh-in, Till weighed 174.5 pounds, 3.5 pounds over the limit of 171 non-welterweight title fights.
- On September 8, 2018 at UFC 228, he was given the opportunity to face Tyron Woodley, challenging him for the UFC welterweight championship. But he lost the fight via d’arce choke in the second round after being knocked down by the champion.
- Despite talks about a possible promotion to middleweight, he remained at welterweight and faced Jorge Masvidal on March 16, 2019 at UFC Fight Night 147. Darren lost the fight by second-round knockout. Both participants received a “Fight of the Night” bonus prize.
- On August 26, it was announced that Darren Till will return to the middleweight division, facing Kelvin Gastelum at UFC 244 on November 2. He won the fight by split decision.
- On July 26, 2020 on UFC on ESPN, he faced Robert Whittaker but unfortunately lost the match.
- “Israel Adesanya” is still eager to defend his UFC middleweight title against Darren Till, despite Till’s loss to Robert Whittaker.
- Until he put on a brave and determined performance against former champion Whittaker in the ultimate undercard event held on UFC’s Fight Island.
- Till (18-3-1) has now lost three of his last four fights, but his performance against Whittaker is unlikely to hurt his actions too much.
- The 27-year-old believes he proved he is at championship level and is eager to fight Whittaker again if he doesn’t get the rematch with Adesanya next.
- “There are some fights there. If Rob doesn’t have a title shot, he would really enjoy going to New Zealand and fighting him again,” Till said.
Darren Till Awards and Achievements
- Ultimate Fighting Championship
- Performance of the Night (One Time) vs. Donald Cerrone
- Fight of the Night (twice) vs. Nicolas Dalby and Jorge Masvidal
- 2017 Breakthrough Fighter of the Year
- Rising Star of the Year 2017
Darren Till controversies
- Darren Till was involved in a fight at a party in August 2012 and was stabbed twice in the back after confronting a group of men.
- On April 21, 2019, it was revealed that Darren had been arrested in Tenerife, Canary Islands, on April 18 after vandalizing a hotel room after being asked to leave, and also for stealing a taxi while the driver was loading. Till’s luggage in the trunk. . Till and four other people involved were convicted of a crime of damaging and unauthorized use of a vehicle and were fined approximately 10,000 pounds.
Darren Till’s personal life
Moving on to Till’s personal life, he is not a married man. He is dating his girlfriend Cerrone. But Till has three daughters, Isabella (born 2014), Zara (born 2018), and Raya (born 2020). He was once involved in a stabbing incident that left him with two scars on his back. According to the 26-year-old Muay Thai stylist, he battled “multiple gorillas and clients” at a club during a party in August 2012. Until he ended up staying in the South American country for three and a half years, despite initial plans to a six month stay. He is fluent in Portuguese. Speaking of his sexual orientation, he’s straight.
Breakdown of professional records
22 matches 18 wins 3 defeats
By knockout 10 one
By submission two one
By decision 6 one
Darren Till net worth
Moving towards his net worth, he earns millions of dollars from his career in MMA. Darren Till’s net worth is around $ 1,00,000 to $ 1 million. As of 2020, Till’s net worth is in the millions of dollars. His source of income comes from a career in MMA. He also had a good amount of annual salary. You are satisfied with your earnings.
Darren Till Body Measure
As for his body measurement, the handsome Till stands 6 feet or 183 cm tall. His body weight is about 84 kg or 185 pounds. He has a tattoo on his left arm from his son’s mother as a birthday present. He also has a tattoo on the right side of his neck with the name of his sister Caitlin. You are living a healthy, fit and excellent life.