|Full Name||Damian Lillard|
|Age||30 Years Old|
|Nick Name||Dame, Lillard, Sub-Zero, Iceman|
|Famous As||Basketball Player|
|Birth Place||Oakland, California, United States|
About Damian Lillard
A professional basketball player is named for Damian Lillard. He is currently playing for the Portland Trail Blazers of the National Basketball Association (NBA). His playing position is Point Guard. He has played college basketball for the Weber State Wildcats and earned third-team All-American honors in 2012. He was selected with the sixth overall pick in the 2012 NBA draft by the Portland Trail Blazers. He recorded 23 points and 11 assists to join Oscar Robertson and Allen Iverson as the only players in NBA history with at least 20 points and 10 assists in their NBA debut. On 9th July 2015, he signed a five-year, $120 million contract extension with the Trail Blazers. He was the first ‘NBA’ player to have participated in all five ‘All-Star Game’ events, including the ‘Slam Dunk Contest,’ the ‘Skills Contest,’ the ‘Three-Point Contest,’ the ‘Rising Stars Challenge,’ and the ‘All-Star Game.’ He has also signed a multi-year sponsorship deal with Adidas. In the year 2014, he negotiated a new contract with Adidas potentially worth $100 million over 10 years. He has a signature shoe line with Adidas, the “Adidas Dame”. He also has endorsement deals with Spalding, Panini, Foot Locker, JBL, Biofreeze, and Moda Health. Besides basketball, he is a rapper and a hip-hop artist who has released two successful albums and a number of singles. His social media handle, “4-Bar Friday” provides a platform for rappers to upload their videos on Instagram. He picked the shirt number 0 to symbolize his life journey (Oakland, Ogden, Oregon).
Recently, on Tuesday night in Orlando, he dropped 61 points on the Dallas Mavericks and led the Trail Blazers to a huge 134-131 win that moved them into the eighth spot in the West with one game left to play. His final bucket of the game was a 33-foot 3-pointer that bounced high off the rim before falling through the hoop to make it a 130-130 game with just over 90 seconds to go. He is now just the second player in NBA history to have three 60-point games in a season. Adidas has marked down its Dame sneakers to $61 on Wednesday for a one-day flash sale. With a win on Thursday night against the Brooklyn Nets, the Blazers would clinch the No. 8 spot and then face a short play-in series against the No. 9 seed-either the Memphis Grizzlies, Phoenix Suns or San Antonio Spurs.
Damian Lillard is famous for being a professional basketball player. He is best known for being named as the 2012-2013 Rookie of the Year and for becoming one of the best scoring point guards in the NBA league.
Damian Lillard was born on 15th July 1990 as Damian Lamonte Ollie Lillard Sr in Oakland, California, the USA. His nationality is American and he belongs to African-American ethnicity. His race is black. His zodiac sign is Cancer and his religion is Christian. He was born to his parents; Houston Lillard Sr. (father), and Gina Johnson (mother). He also has 2 siblings, a brother, Houston Lillard, and a sister, Lanae Lillard. As of 2020, he celebrated his 30th birthday. As per his education, he attended St. Joseph Notre Dame High School in Alameda, California. And later, he was transferred to Oakland High School at the end of his sophomore years due to the lack of playing time. He was first-team all-league where he averaged 19.4 points per game in his junior years at Oakland, whereas he averaged 22.4 points and 5.2 assists per game in his senior season. He led Oakland to a 23-9 record. He then went to Weber State University where he graduated with a degree in professional sales in May 2015. He was named the Big Sky Conference Freshman of the Year and first-team All-Big Sky. In his sophomore year, he raised his scoring average to 19.9 points per game and led the Wildcats to the conference championship. yHe averaged 24.5 points and led the nation in scoring throughout most of the year but ended up finishing second to Oakland University’s Reggie Hamilton as a redshirt junior. He finished his college career as the No. 2 scorer in Weber State history (1,934 points) and the No. 5 scorer in Big Sky history.
Damian Lillard’s body build is athletic. He has got a tall height of 1.91 m or 6 feet and 3 inches. He has got a balanced bodyweight of 195 lbs or 88 kg. He has a chest size of 43 inches, biceps of size 16 inches, and a waist size of 33.5 inches. He has a scripture on his left arm of Psalms 37:1-3 on his left arm. He has dark brown eyes and his hair color is black. In the 2015-2016 season, he missed a further six games with the injury and in the 2017-2018 season, he dealt with a hamstring injury. At present, he has got a healthy body. Damian Lillard got a new tattoo to Let Know ‘Hulu Has Live Sports’. There’s no telling how much the streaming service paid Lillard to sell out with this new tat, but hopefully, it’s enough to cover any fines the league sends the point guard for his new body art.
Damian Lillard’s Basketball Career (2012-Present)
- Damian Lillard’s professional career began when he was selected with the sixth overall pick in the 2012 NBA draft by the Portland Trail Blazers.
- He made his NBA debut against the Los Angeles Lakers on 31st October by recording 23 points and 11 assists to join Oscar Robertson and Allen Iverson as the only players in NBA history with at least 20 points and 10 assists in their NBA debut.
- He made a career-high 15 field goals and a Trail Blazer rookie-record seven 3-pointers on January 11 against the Golden State Warriors.
- On 8th March, Lillard became the first NBA rookie to record 35 points, nine assists and zero turnovers in a game since turnovers became a stat in 1978-79 against the San Antonio Spurs.
- He finished fifth in the NBA in 3-pointers made, 12th in points per game, tied for 16th in assists per game, and tied for 23rd in free throw percentage.
- With averages of 19.0 points, 3.1 rebounds, 6.5 assists, 0.90 steals, and 38.6 minutes in 82 games (all starting), he not only claimed the NBA Rookie of the Year Award but joined Blake Griffin (2011), David Robinson (1990), and Ralph Sampson (1984) as the only unanimous winners.
- He scored 32 points against the Phoenix Suns on 30th October 2013.
- He had 36 points, 10 assists, and eight rebounds against the Cleveland Cavaliers on 17th December.
- During All-Star weekend, he also became the first player in NBA history to take part in five events during the All-Star festivities: the Rising Stars Challenge, Skills Challenge, Three-Point Contest, Slam Dunk Contest, and the All-Star Game.
- In-Game 1 of the series, he recorded 31 points and nine rebounds in his first playoff appearance to help propel Portland to a 122-120 overtime win over Houston.
- The Trail Blazers went on to lose in five games to the San Antonio Spurs in the second round and had a series-best game in Game 4 with a 25-point effort, helping the Trail Blazers win their sole game of the series.
- At the season’s end, he was named to the All-NBA Third Team.
- He started all 82 games for the Trail Blazers in 2014-2015 season scoring a career-high 43 points in a 129-119 triple-overtime win over the San Antonio Spurs on 19th December 2014 and had a 40-point effort against the Oklahoma City Thunder on 23rd December.
- Similarly, he had a 39-point effort against the Los Angeles Lakers on 5th January 2015.
- He recorded a career-high 18 rebounds in a 98-93 win over the Los Angeles Clippers on 4th March 2015.
- He signed a five-year, $120 million contract extension with the Trail Blazers on 9th July 2015 and recorded 21 points and 11 assists in a season-opening win over the New Orleans Pelicans on 28th October 2015.
- He became the fastest player to reach 5,000 points and 1,500 assists (248 games) since Derrick Rose (240 games) playing against the Phoenix Suns on 30th October.
- He missed twelve games due to injury, returning to action on 4th January against the Memphis Grizzlies and recording 17 points and 7 assists in a 91-78 loss.
- On 18th January, in a win over the Washington Wizards, he hit his 2,000th NBA field goal, one of only eight players to reach that mark since he entered the league in 2012-13.
- He recorded 15 points and 13 assists for his 10th double-double of the season, a career-high on 26th January.
- He scored a career-high 51 points in a 137-105 win over the Golden State Warriors on 19th February.
- He scored 30 points against the Utah Jazz, becoming the first Blazer to score at least 30 points in four consecutive games since Drexler accomplished the feat in 1991.
- He had 41 points and 11 assists in a 116-109 overtime win over the Washington Wizards on 8th March.
- He hit his 827th career three-pointer in the Trail Blazers’ season finale on April 13 against the Denver Nuggets.
- He recorded 40 points and 10 assists to help the Trail Blazers win 120-108, cutting the Warriors’ advantage in the series to 2-1 against the Golden State Warriors. The Trail Blazers went on to lose the series in five games.
- He recorded 39 points on 13-of-20 shooting, as well as 9 rebounds and 6 assists in a 113-104 win over the Utah Jazz on 25th October 2016 in the Trail Blazers’ season opener.
- He scored 27 of his season-high 42 points in the second half of the Trail Blazers’ 105-95 win over the Dallas Mavericks on 4th November.
- He went on to miss five games between 26th December and 4th January after spraining his left ankle against San Antonio on 23rd December.
- He reached 8,000 career points on 28th January against Golden State, becoming the 11th Blazer to hit the mark and joined Michael Jordan and LeBron James as the only three players to reach 8,000 points and 2,000 assists in their first five seasons.
- He ranked third in the NBA in scoring (29.1 ppg) and tied for fourth in three-pointers made (55) to go with 6.0 assists, 4.4 rebounds, and 1.44 steals in 16 games.
- He reached the 9,000-point milestone during the third quarter in a 114-107 win over the Phoenix Suns on 28th October 2017.
- He had 26 points, 11 rebounds, and seven assists in a 99-94 win over the Orlando Magic on 15th November.
- He scored 32 points in a 103-91 win over the New York Knicks on 27th November.
- He dealt with a hamstring injury late in December before straining his right calf in early January.
- He scored 32 points in a 130-105 loss to the Toronto Raptors, becoming the fastest player in franchise history to reach 10,000 points for his career on 2nd February becoming the eighth player to get 10,000 points and 2,500 assists in his first six seasons.
- He scored a season-high 50 points in 29 minutes-the fourth 50-point game of his career in a 118-100 win over the Sacramento Kings on 9th February and had 44 points and eight assists in a 123-117 win over the Warriors on 14th February.
- He hit a go-ahead lay-up with 0.9 seconds left and finished with a game-high 40 points in a 106-104 win over the Suns on 24th February.
- He recorded 36 points and 10 assists in a 102-93 win over the Utah Jazz on 11th April.
- He also scored 19 points in a 131-123 loss against Pelicans in Game 4 of the Trail Blazers’ first-round playoff series.
- He scored a game-high 28 points in a 128-119 win over the Los Angeles Lakers on 18th October 2018 and scored 34 of his 41 points in the second half of the Trail Blazers’ 128-114 win over the Orlando Magic after a week.
- He scored 42 points in a 120-111 loss to the Miami Heat, eclipsing the 11,000-point mark on 27th October and had five assists against the Minnesota Timberwolves to pass Damon Stoudamire (3,018) for third on the team’s career list on 16th November.
- He scored 40 points in a 119-109 win over the Washington Wizards on 18th November and scored 41 points and set a franchise record with 10 3-pointers in a 115-112 win over the Magic on 28th November.
- He scored 22 of his 39 points in the third quarter of the Trail Blazers’ 131-127 win over the Los Angeles Clippers on 17th December and hit a go-ahead 3-pointer with 6.3 seconds left in overtime and scored 21 points in a 110-109 win over the Golden State Warriors on 27th December.
- He scored 35 points to become the fastest player in Portland history to reach 12,000 for his career on 14th January loss to Sacramento Kings in a 115-107.
- He reached 1,311 points for the season, the most by any Portland player through 50 games on 24th January with 24 points against the Phoenix Suns.
- He scored 24 points in a 122-110 win over the New Orleans Pelicans on 15th March.
- He then hit a 37-foot, game-winning 3-pointer at the buzzer and finished with a playoff career-high 50 points to help the Trail Blazers eliminate the Thunder from the playoffs in five games with a 118-115 victor on 23rd April.
- On 20th January 2020, he scored 61 points, along with 10 rebounds and 7 assists, in a 129-124 overtime win over the Golden State Warriors.
- On 29th January, he averaged 48.8 points per game, including his first career triple-double, registering 36 points, 10 rebounds, and 11 assists in a 125-112 victory over the Houston Rockets.
- He was selected to his fifth All-Star nod but was unable to participate due to an injured groin on 30th January.
- From 21st February to 2nd March, he missed six games.
- He returned after recovering to play and averaged 20.8 PPG, 3.8 RPG, 6.0 APG, 1.8 SPG, 0.8 BPG, 2.5 TOVPG with an FG% of 40, 41.2% on 3-pointers, and 87.5% at the free-throw line before the COVID-19 pandemic.
- He was even selected to be the cover athlete for NBA 2K21 on 30th June 2020.
- Regarding his music career, he is also a hip-hop artist and rapper by the name of Dame D.O.L.L.A., which stands for Different On Levels the Lord Allows.
- He then started a social media trend called “Four Bar Friday” in which he, and anyone who chooses to participate, submits a video of themselves rapping a small verse on Instagram every Friday with the hashtag #4BarFriday.
- He released his first full length single, “Soldier in the Game” via SoundCloud in July 2015.
- He then released his debut album, “The Letter O” in October 2016.
- He released his second album, Confirmed in October 2017.
- He released his third album, “Big D.O.L.L.A.” on 9th August 2019, featuring guests Lil Wayne, Mozzy, and Jeremih.
- He now has his own record label, Front Page Music, which includes Brookfield Duece in its roster.
Awards and Achievement of Damian Lillard
- 5× NBA All-Star (2014, 2015, 2018-2020)
- All-NBA First Team (2018)
- 2× All-NBA Second Team (2016, 2019)
- All-NBA Third Team (2014)
- NBA Rookie of the Year (2013)
- NBA All-Rookie First Team (2013)
- J. Walter Kennedy Citizenship Award (2019)
- Third-team All-American-AP, NABC (2012)
- 2× Big Sky Player of the Year (2010, 2012)
- Big Sky Freshman of the Year (2009)
- 3× First-team All-Big Sky (2009, 2010, 2012)
- No. 1 retired by Weber State Wildcats
Damian Lillard is in a RELATIONSHIP with Kay’La Hanson
Damian Lillard is an unmarried man. He is currently in a relationship. He is dating his girlfriend, Kay’La Hanson. The duo is also blessed with a son named Damian Jr., born on 29th March 2018. They live in the affluent Portland neighborhood of West Linn, where Lillard established a RESPECT Program to help high school kids in the area graduate.
Damian Lillard’s Net Worth 2020
Damian Lillard is an American professional basketball player. Being active in a basketball career since 2012, he has made a huge amount of money till now. As of 2020, the net worth of Damian Lillard is estimated to have $70 Million. On July 9, 2015, Lillard signed a five-year, $120 million contract extension with the Trail Blazers. He has an average salary of $24 Million at present. Additionally, he signed a multi-year sponsorship deal with Adidas as of 2012. He negotiated a new contract with Adidas in 2014 potentially worth $100 million over 10 years. He has a signature shoe line with Adidas, “Adidas Dame”. He signed a sponsorship deal with a subsidiary of the Coca Cola Company, Powerade in 2017. Moreover, he has endorsement deals with Spalding, Panini, Foot Locker, Moda Health, and JBL. He reportedly owns cars like Cadillac Escalade, Bentley Continental, and Toyota. In 2019, Lillard became one of a number of NBA players to sign a contract with Hulu to promote the streaming service’s new campaign of adding live sports to their repertoire. His income also boosts from endorsements deals. His primary source of earning is from a basketball career and he is satisfied with his earnings.
Source link: birthdaywiki.com