Anthony Bridgerton is on a mission to find himself a suitable bride. Edwina Sharma, a young lady from Bombay, is picked as the season’s diamond by the Queen, Anthony feels like he has found his ideal match.
Bridgerton season 2 brings us cartloads of what makes us love the show, so let’s dive into its opulent gilded depths and untangle the tumultuous romances at its heart.
Season 2 of Bridgerton:
- Viscount Anthony is on a mission to find himself a suitable bride.
- Edwina Sharma, a young lady from Bombay, is picked as the season’s diamond by the Queen, and Anthony feels like he has found his ideal match.
- However, every rose has its thorn, and in this case, the thorn is Edwini’s prickly elder sister, Kate Sharma.
- Kate takes an instant dislike to Anthony’s entitled, slightly chauvinistic worldview, and is adamant about stopping their courtship.
- Meanwhile, Eloise is summoned by the queen and given a secret assignment to uncover the identity of Lady Whisltedown.
The season 2 finale opens with the Bridgerton and Sharma families both feeling the brunt of the Ton’s judgemental gaze
- No one shows up at the ball hosted by the families, even as the Featheringtons throw the season’s closing ball.
- Kate and Anthony are finally seen madly in love and unable to keep their hands off each other.
- From the fleeting conversation in the closing moments of season 2, it is revealed that Anthony and Kate are now married and have spent the last six months traveling.
Has Lady Whistledown stopped writing?
- After a gap of nearly two weeks that has the Ton getting jittery at their lack of printed gossip, the show’s iconic narrator and provider of scandalous gossip is back.
- Penelope Featherington picks up the quill again and closes the season by resuming, penning her acidic pamphlet.